Last week when I posted about Bronson’s 1st Birthday I told you that I’d post a tutorial on how to make the Marshmallow Pops… so here you go!
I made marshmallow chocolate sprinkle pops as well as marshmallow sugar pops.
They seriously took no time at all to make and look great!
Chocolate Sprinkle Pops
What you’ll need:
- Cover your styrofoam square with tin foil.
- Melt the Merckens Moulding Wafers according to these directions.
- Push a lollipop stick into the marshmallow and dip it into the chocolate.
- After dipping keep the marshmallow over the bowl and gently shake/twirl the marshmallow to get rid of excess chocolate. (this will prevent the chocolate from dripping)
- Immediately dip the marshmallow into sprinkles. If you wait too long the chocolate will harden and the sprinkles won’t stick.
- Push the marshmallow pop into the styrofoam to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Repeat as many times and you want!
Tip – Keep the bowl with the melted chocolate over the warm water to keep the chocolate from hardening while you’re working.
Marshmallow Sugar Pops
What you’ll need:
Coloured Sugar (can get this from Michaels, bulk food store, or most grocery stores in the baking section)
Glass of cool water
- Cover the styrofoam with tinfoil.
- Pour a medium amount of coloured sugar into the empty bowl.
- Push a lollipop stick into a marshmallow.
- Quickly dip the marshmallow into the cool water. If you keep it in the water too long the marshmallow will turn gooey.
- Shake the excess water off of the marshmallow.
- With the marshmallow still wet roll it in the bowl of coloured sugar.
- Continue rolling (or you can pour the sugar over it) the marshmallow until it’s completely covered with sugar.
- Push the marshmallow pop into the styrofoam.
- Repeat as many times as you’d like!